Marketing Data RoundUp: More Facebook Friends Equals More Stress.

Marketing Data RoundUp: More Facebook friends equals more stress

More Facebook Friends, More Stress

The more Facebook friends you have, the more likely you are to feel stressed out by the social networking site, according to a study published by psychologists from Edinburgh Napier University. The scientists quizzed 200 students on their use of the site, and concluded that for a significant number the negative effects of Facebook outweighed the benefits of staying in touch with friends and family.

According to the survey:

• 12% of respondents said that Facebook made them feel anxious. Of these, respondents had an average of 117 friend each. The remaining 88% of respondents, who said that Facebook did not make them feel anxious, had an average of 75 friends each.

• 63% delayed replying to friend requests

• 32% said rejecting friend requests led to feelings of guilt and discomfort

• 10% admitted disliking receiving friend requests.

 

About knev

Absolutely out of my mind.
This entry was posted in MarketingVox and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s